Routine Fire Sprinkler Inspections are important to your building's health
Of the many tasks assigned to a Maintenance Manager, making sure the building's sprinkler system is in proper working condition is on the top of the list.
Fire suppression during a building fire replies on the sprinkler system doing it's job of containing/eliminating the fire.
Different types of materials within the structure, along with the amount of time the materials were in contact with the fire, will affect the level of damage that a building incurs.
Once the fire is extinguished, knowing how to properly mitigate and repair the building with the various materials in it is important.
If you find yourself needing mitigation for your fire damage give SERVPRO a call today.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.