"A Fire Won't Happen to Me!"
We all feel like it won't happen to us; but it can. Our team here at SERVPRO of Hardin/Larue Counties knows that all to well. We handle multiple fire related losses each year.
How Common Are Fires?
1. U.S. fire departments respond to a call about every 88 seconds!
2. Between 2012 and 2016, there were 355, 400 house fires that resulted in 11,670 civilian injuries, 2,560 civilian deaths and $6.5 billion in direct damages.
3. On average, seven people per day die in U.S. home fires.
What Are the Causes?
Cooking incidents and smoking inside the home have been the most common causes of home fires in recent years. Heating equipment, such as portable heaters, are another common contributor to house fires.
How Do I Protect My Family?
1. Assess your home for possible fire hazards and repair or remove them.
2. Teach all children fire safety.
3. Have a fire safety plan in place. Make sure every family member knows the plan and PRACTICE it!
A home fire is something that we hope you and your family never experience. But, if you do, we're always here to help!
Already experienced a fire loss? Call us today (270) 360-0448 and we'll get started turning your mess into a memory right away!