How Does Water Turn Into Mold?
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s water damage, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold damage can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Hardin/Larue Counties has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
11 steps for mold remediation:
- Perform a thorough preliminary inspection using state of the art tools. i.e.: thermal imaging cameras and moisture equipment to determine the precise scope of work. Don’t guess.
- Recommend hygienists that are trained in providing reliable protocols, if needed.
- Set up proper engineering controls:
a) 6 ml air-tight containment
b) establish negative air inside containment to ensure no cross contamination happens.
- Use quality equipment (HEPA filter) that has been DOP tested to ensure they are working properly.
- Constantly cleanup work areas to avoid cross-contamination.
- Seal all debris in 6 ml bags to control the environment and avoid cross-contamination.
- Thorough cleaning of all surfaces by HEPA sanding then wet wipe followed by the second round of HEPA vacuuming.
- Do a thorough visual inspection to ensure work is ready for post-remediation testing.
- Allow proper air scrubbing time with HEPA filters prior to post testing as directed in protocols.
- Call for post-remediation testing and insist on testing inside and outside of containment to make sure all areas are cleared before containments are removed.
- Remove containments after clearances. Make sure all areas are clean, safe and ready for the next stage.
How SERVPRO of Hardin/Larue Counties can save you money:
It is important in today’s litigious environment to call a professional firm to handle water losses. Timing is critical to the drying of a structure to prevent the growth of destructive mold and mildew. However, in the unfortunate event of microbial growth SERVPRO of Hardin/Larue Counties understands the importance of mold remediation. Some species of mold and mildew can cause serious health complications. It is important to have a specialist perform proper removal of contaminated areas. SERVPRO of Hardin/Larue Counties has a staff of trained technicians using the latest technology in remediation to properly eliminate harmful microbiological contamination.
We are also proficient in recommending other companies where jobs fall outside of our zone of service.
- We use designated trained employees.
- Our leads are certified and know what they are doing – no wasted time.
- We have state of the art equipment.
- We use dry ice blasting on larger projects to expedite the work.
- We use thermal imaging cameras to locate damage.
- We have completed thousands of mold projects, so we know how to be efficient.
- We have multiple crews so we can get to your jobs quickly to prevent downtime on jobs.
- We work with multiple environmental consulting companies also known as hygienists so we can testing is done for asbestos and lead.
- We have an excellent track record in passing jobs without additional cleanings needed.